Sunday, March 26, 2017

Fairy garden:Mixed media layout

Hello friends,
  sorry for being so silent here,actually i thought of taking a short break in the first half of the month to refresh myself but  unexpectedly it was extended.I had a bad sprain in my neck last week which dint allow me to work,so obviously i had nothing to share.Though i managed to make few things in between for my DT posts(for later half of the month) it made the pain worse.Finally i feel better now and i'm back to blogging so will be sharing lot of stuffs in the coming weeks.
  
    I am on 2crafty blog today,sharing my march projects,here is my first layout.To be frank i struggle a bit with black background for mixed media,have only made couple of projects so far and i was not really happy with the result.So i took it as a challenge this time,and i guess it turned out well.

The background is created with Iridescent metallic colors from "Colourarte" which is brilliant for darker backgrounds .I sponged them through two different stencils to create my background.Theme is "Magical fairy garden", and the idea is to create a magical/mysterious feel to match the beautiful picture.I usually leave a lot of negative space in my layouts,but this time i tried to cover maximum space possible so obviously the composition was quiet difficult but i loved how it turned out.

2crafty has lots of beautiful flourish designs and i used quiet a few of them to create a flowy feel.For textures i colored the gauze cloth  and used them behind the floral arrangement.Loads of prima flowers and embellishments are used to finish it off.


So thats all from me today,hope you all had a great sunday.To the people from other part of the world,happy sunday,enjoy it to the fullest.See ya all soon.

Entering this to:
13 arts challenge:Around the clock


Crafty life challenge:Get messy

Thank you for stopping by.
Happy crafting,
 




15 comments:

Sandra Bernard said...

This is really outstanding!!! ❤❤❤ thanks for joining us at 13arts challenge

C.Lam. said...

I looooove it! I love it! Cavi it's a masterpiece! !!! Wonderful textures everything is amazing here!!! Thank you so much for sharing at 13arts!

Lady E said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous colors and lovely details! Thank you for joining 13arts challenge and good luck!
Lady E 13arts DT

Jackie PN said...

Kavi this layout is stunning!
Usually I lean toward less black and more color, however your piece excited me with the black! You married all of your elements so easily and made this feel dreamlike and truly fairy-like! Enchanting!
hugs,Jackie ")
thank you for your visit to my blog!

Paper Attic said...

Wow Kavi this page is sensational! So much beauty I love the flow of your design, really truly awesome, thanks for joining us at 13arts!

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

Such a lovely layout! Thank you for joining us for the "Clock" challenge over at 13@rts xx

Hema said...

kavi....this is just stunning piece my gal....((HUGS))!! Keep doing and keep inspiring (LOVE)!

Mary Tzalla said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout! Love love love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Life challenges!

olushka-design.blogspot.com said...

Amazingly beautiful layout! Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Place challenge!

talkis23 said...

Wow wow wow lovely Thanks for your participation at Mixed Media Place Challenge!

Payal M. Mittal said...

Fabulous dear, its outstanding

Unknown said...

This is amazing, love what you have done here. Thanks for sharing at MMP x

Katerina said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Life!!!

Unknown said...

Impressive layout !!, I love all the textures, the composition and the design !!
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Life Challenges !! :)

Pooja Sharma said...

Wow stunning creation once again