Monday, May 9, 2011

ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION WEEK 2-GUEST BLOGGERS

Hiya all,
i am so excited its already a week since the anniversary celebrations started in my blog,and today the second week is for Guest bloggers in my blog.Yes,your going to meet 7 talented crafters in my blog this week,isn't it interesting?

But before that,
DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE COLORING CHALLENGE GOING ON IN MY BLOG,A RANDOM LUCKY WINNER WILL GET SOME COOL PIE LANE PRODUCTS.ENDS THIS SUNDAY,MAY 15TH.

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE FINAL HUGE BLOG CANDY TOO.:)ENDS ON JUNE 8TH

So daily you are going to meet a guest blogger here,and what is the prize this week?A scrap booking kit form my CRAFT STORE,..Do check out my craft store blog lots of new things have been added and lots more is coming soon:))All you have todo to win this scrapbook kit is to leave a comment on all the 7 guest bloggers post and i will select any day and select a random lucky winner who left comment on that day,..easy peasy right?So don't forget to checkout the daily post and leave your comments.



So the first guest blogger is our very own shalini form 'Craft curry'.A very good blogger friend of mine and a super sweet person.Her cards are very classy and i like her style very much.She makes some awesome 3d projects as well.So over to shalini,...

Hi, i am Shalini... a C.A. by profession, a crafter by passion... am a total movie buff and love eating as well as cooking!!! Love books and currently am addicted to everything to do with papercraft…my journey in this blogland has been an enriching experience… right from learning something new every single day to making some precious friends….So, when there was an offer to be featured on Kavi’s blog, I immediately jumped at it… It's an honor to be featured on Kavitha’s blog… a great friend and a very talented crafter!!!


My blogging experience:
<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

I have been making cards for several years now… what began as an amateur hobby has now bloomed into an insatiable passion… and it’s all courtesy ‘blogging’… I remember when I always thought that I would never have a blog… and then was introduced to this amazing world by a fellow crafter (now a very very close friend)…. And since then, there has been no looking back…

Blogging has been an eye opener… it introduced me to possibilities, I never ever could imagine existed!!!!... it brought a whole new world, right here to me… have learned so much about the new techniques, ideas, tools, materials that exist… and in the process have come in contact with some beautifully talented people from around the world with similar passion for paper craft. What began as a small community is slowly growing and spreading its wings in India too… am so proud and happy to be a part of this team… With the love, support and constant encouragement of fellow mates, my cards have taken a new dimension and meaning… and I am so totally ‘Loving It’!!!

My interest in craft and why i love it:

I have been drawn to paper and colors ever since I was a kid. I remember accompanying my Mum to her office, where I would quietly spend the entire days sketching and coloring and general messing around my scrap sheet.

I love trying my hands at different forms of art and crafts… be it oil painting, glass painting, murals, knitting, crochet, etc… however, during my art/craft journey I slowly realized that I am more inclined to crafts than art!!! That’s where my real love lies…

Of all crafts, I specifically love card making for varied reasons. Mainly:

a) I love making cards for friends and family, especially those who I know would value them and love receiving them.

b) These are like tiny pieces of art for me, which I can gift or keep and cherish for the rest of my life.

c) It gives me a sense of creative accomplishment

d) It has a therapeutic effect on me… a stress reliever…. it helps me get my mind off everything else going on around me!!! As soon as I start making cards, all my tensions get pushed away… It helps me maintain my sanity!!! J totally relaxing…

e) And yes, who doesn’t love hearing people say… “You made this??? Really???… oh, wow!!!”… a little ego boost never hurts J


Take a look at her wonderful works,..isn't it awesome?.Do leave some love for her.

a




Happy crafting,

20 comments:

Manasa said...

Wow...great to see and to know more about Shalini via your blog.. :) This concept of having guest bloggers is great :) good going kavi :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is a great idea of yours Kavi. Helps us get to know one another and explore more creativity. Kudos to you
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Karuna said...

Nice Idea Kavi... and its so nice to See Shalini being a guest blogger.... she's a greta person indeed and a friend too :) Her works is gorgeous nd i love the way her imagination flows into all her work!

Ujjwal said...

SO glad to see you here Shalini! You already know I love your work :D

And thanks Kavi for his wonderful idea of celebrating her blogoversary!

Piyu said...

Hey Kavi..What a lovely idea! And Shalini's projects are so cute..Loved the shoe..

Jovi said...

Hey kavi... I love the grandness (is it even a word??? Anyway..) with which u celebrating this anniversary.... Nice to see more of shalini tooo... Its like oNe Big Online Party... I am sure happy to be part of it...

Romina Nahata said...

nice to see u here shalini!!do not really know u as a person though we belong to the same city but am sure u r as ur work shows, in person too-GREAT !!

painted princess collection said...

very creative nice to know about her.wish to see more of guest bloggers
anandhirajan
www.anandhirajansartsncrafts.blogspot.com

Neha Jain said...

lovely...n congo shalini for becoming the guest blogger :)

Hussena said...

wow this is a great way to get to know our fellow bloggers and their work and i am seeing shalini's work for the first time and i really loved all ur ideas and beautiful works. the bootie is definitely my favorite.

scrappybitz said...

i m quiet new to blogging n you guys are really rocking,have such super cool ideas n blogs......thanks for sharing things

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Hi kavitha.. its just a great idea ... I always loved shalini's work...its just awesome...she is great friend tooo..

EC said...

Its a lovely idea to introduce bloggers here..Happy to come across Shalini's blog and waiting to see many more such interesting blogs being featured here

chillin with Quillin said...

Shalini, your work is fantastic, love all of your work!!!!!!
Paula

Anita Kejriwal said...

Shalini, you are not only a good crafter, but also a good helper. I remember how you helped me with blogging and linking to challenges when I did not know the b of blogging. You cards are all unique and very creative and yes they are full of your sense of crafting that is seeing your cards anyone can say they are made by you. Thanks kavitha for this post, shailni, deserves all the praise.

yyam said...

Wow! Your blog celebrations are grand indeed! How lovely to have your friends join you! Shalini does wonderful work! I really love that the Indian crafting community is so close-knitted and supportive of each other!

Tee said...

This is superb kavi..I already know Shalini for a long time (it sure seems like a long time) and its wonderful to see her work..she's a fabulous person and I count myself blessed to know someone like her!!!

Crafterkhush said...

Shalini.. I already told you all I had to yesterday via email... And i do agree.. This is such a fab endeavor by Kavi.. to be applauded...

Mallika said...

simply fablous !
i was in love with her cards since i started blogging

Shalini said...

Thank u so so much for all the love support and never ending encouragement...

It is overwhelming to know that you have such beautiful and precious friends out there for you...

Thanks you so much buddies, u sure have made my day:))

And a special note of thanks to you Kavitha, for this opportunity!!!

Hugs
Shalini