Monday, August 29, 2011

ACCORDION FOLD TILDA CARD

This week's case study challenge is to make you signature style card.Well,if you follow my blog regularly,you know i love experimenting with different styles.I always love to work out of my comfort zone,if i feel something is tough for me i challenge myself to do that.Of course,once i am comfortable with it i stop doing it,lolz..i know working on same thing makes you specialize in that,but i don't want to contend me within a small circle as art is a ocean,i try to learn atleat a little in my life time.

Ok,now on to today's card i am back with my favorite tilda card)did anyone miss her?;)).Its been quiet a long time i made card with images,as i am trying to make without it too.My signature style is using lots of pattern papers n layers,images,punches n die cuts n loads n loads of embellies,wat ever i can add in a 6 by 6 card:p,lol..

This card is been in my mind for long time,accordion fold card+tilda,but couldn't figure out how to go about it.When i saw Kylie's THIS CARD,i was jumping in joy,yes this is want i exactly wanted:))).Omg love,love,love her card,i made a different version of it,with a garden set up,..so let me know how is my tilda garden:)))

This card took me nearly 2 days,i worked patiently for this for the first time(claps for me pls:))).
Tilda is colored with intense pencils,the bird cage is stamped n colored,the light in the center is heat embossed with glitter black embossing powder. the tree is hand cut,embossed with embossing folders n distressed.The tiny flowers are punched out,distressed n glittered individually and added some pie lane chunky glitters n pearls for the center. The main butterfly is stamped,n colored n glittered,other butterflies are punched out with MS punch.I have done paper pierecing with faux stiching all round,not sure you can make it out.

Lots of glitters have been added,but i am not sure whether its showing off.I tried taking picture in the natural light for the first time,usually i take inside the room.I take it with my camera mobile,and actually it was good even though is not great,but i don't know what's the problem is,many of them told the picture looks dark now a days,so let me know how it looks now.



















Challenges entered:
Incy Wincy Designs ,Hooked on Crafts ,KB Cute Monday ,Inspire Me Fridays,My Craft Spot
Stamps R Us, Jellypark Challenges, Catered Crop ,Paper Sundaes, Sparkles Forum ,Sisterhood of Crafters , pixie Dust Studio

Happy crafting,

26 comments:

Ujjwal said...

lots of claps for you dear! This is a wonderful card. I love the fact to you experiment and try so many new things and yes I did miss tilda :)

Romina's Cretive Crafts said...

wow !!its so pretty !!loved it !!

Dr Sonia S V said...

I love scenery cards and so beautifully you have executed it

Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

absolutely amazing.loved the folds and all the small details you have added.superb!!

The Thinker said...

This is really pretty! :)

Priya Sivaraj said...

wow!! wow!! wow!! i did miss Tilda, and this is so so cute!! lots of work and super awesome!

Hussena said...

already clapping for u ,this is just superb ,love how much detailing u have done in just one card.... the mind boggles the outcome is truly spectacular.

mansi said...

WOWERS!!!!Three CHEERS for you Kavi!!!This is a FAB card...and carry on with your spirit of Experimenting.

Priya said...

Such a b'ful card! lovely work...

Pooja said...

this is such a clever card !
never seen nything like it ! :) will sure try this one ! :)

Nisha said...

ths s too pretty...

Jacq said...

Hi Kavitha,
WOW Absolutely Gorgeous accordion fold card!!! Love the adorable Tilda images, the scene looks fabulous. Love the layout and the embellishments are gorgeous. Coloured so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Forum and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxxxx

Chris said...

What a wonderfully cheerful card! You did a perfect job on every side. It is just so nicely done! Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Craft Challenges.

Chris

Southernbelle said...

What a cool card! Very Cute! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!

Aymee

Jennifer Scull said...

oh gosh, no wonder it took you several days to complete this. it is gorgeous! so much detail!
thanks for joining us in the die cuts/punches challenge at Jellypark Friends. :)

Joy said...

Wow...love all the details and the Tildas !! Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
Joy

Sally Morgan said...

What a fabulous card! I love every bit of it :)
Thanks for joining us at Hooked on Craft Challenges.
*hugs* Sal x

Shannon White said...

Wowzers! This is just fabulous! love all the Sweet images and the adorable little picket fence and gorgeous embellies too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamps R Us! 8-)

ManuK said...

Wow! I simply love this card! I am amazed by all the details, no wonder it took you nearly 2 days to complete it. It's gorgeous, Kavi! Good luck with all the challenges!

Shubhra said...

Such a cute tilda card..I love how u experiment with different styles and successfully !!

Jean Martin said...

What a great card!!! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study Challenge! :)

jennyplace2 said...

Just stunning! Everything goes together just perfect...Beautiful card! Thanks for joing the challenge at My Craft Spot

Tracey said...

Wonderful, I love everything about it :)

Thanks for joining us at Jellypark Friends & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Lisa B said...

WOW this card is jammed pack with detail and defintely hard work. you did a great job and I love the fact that the card is something different.

Thank you for playing along with our flower challenge at the Sisterhood. You nailed it!

Amy C said...

This is super cute!! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

Hugs,
Amy
Scrapping Mommy

Kate said...

What a sweet, sweet card! All your details are wonderful! I especially like the little flowers you've added.
Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper